Bažnytinių fondų kolekcijos

F38. 144 items from 1528–1939: manuscripts and other documents. In Latin, Ruthenian, Polish, and Russian. Described in the Manuscripts Department’s card catalogue.

The collection was acquired in 1945 from the Institute of History of the Academy of Sciences of the Lithuanian SSR.

F39. 328 items from 1648–1939: manuscripts, typescripts, cuttings from publications. In Lithuanian, Latin, Polish, Russian, French, English, and German.  Described in the Manuscripts Department’s card catalogue.

The collection was received in 1950 from the library of the then Kaunas State University.

F40. 1176 items from 1429–1944: manuscripts (originals and transcripts) and other documents. In Lithuanian, Russian, Polish, Latvian, Latin, and German. Described in the Manuscripts Department’s card catalogue. 

The founder of the collection is the Lithuanian Evangelical Reformed Synod, which operated in the 16th–20th centuries in Slutsk, Biržai, Kėdainiai, and Vilnius.

The collection was received in 1946 from the former library of the Vilnius Evangelical Reformed Synod.

F41. 726 items from 1545–1928: manuscripts (originals and transcripts) and other documents. In Russian, Polish, and Latin.  Described in the Manuscripts Department’s card catalogue. 

The founders of the collection are the Lithuanian Orthodox Seminary established in Vilnius in the 16th century and the Lithuanian Orthodox Consistory that existed in Vilnius from the early 19th century to 1915.

The collection was received in 1940 from the then State Wroblewski Library (the present-day Wroblewski Library of the Lithuanian Academy of Sciences).

F42. 24 items from 1671–1941: manuscripts and documents. In Latin, Lithuanian, Russian, and Polish.  Described in the Manuscripts Department’s card catalogue. Part of the collection is available in the digital repository.

The founder of the collection is the Carmelite monastery in Linkuva established in the 17th century and in existence until 1944.

The collection was received in 1953 from Linkuva.

F 43. 27514 items from 1391–1940: manuscripts (originals and transcripts), typescripts, print publications, and other documents. In Lithuanian, Ruthenian, Polish, Latin, French, and German.  Described in the Manuscripts Department’s card catalogue. Some of the documents are available in the digital repository of musical manuscripts  Musicalia.  The collection is reflected in the electronic  Manuscripts  Catalogue. (is currently being updated).

The founders of the collection are the Bishop of Vilnius and the Vilnius Cathedral Chapter founded in 1387. In 1654, the most important sets of documents were taken away to Prussia, later, to Austria, Poland and Belarus. Only part of the archive returned to Vilnius in 1663. In 1865, some sets of documents were confiscated by the Tsarist authorities and handed over to the Vilnius Public Library. The remaining collection is but a small part of the original archive.

Received in 1956 from the City of Vilnius Restoration Workshop.

F44. 1022 items from 1388–1940: manuscripts, print publications, plans, and photographs. In Latin, Polish, Lithuanian, and Russian.  Described in the Manuscripts Department’s card catalogue.

The founder of the collection is the Chancery of Vilnius Metropolitan (Archdiocesan) Curia, which was dissolved in 1940, when the Soviet authorities introduced civil registration. Curia was responsible for the administration of archdiocesan property (monasteries, churches, and their land estates), and issued birth, marriage, and death certificates.

Received in 1960 from the premises of the Vilnius Bernardine Monastery through the mediation of the historian Mečislovas Jučas.

F258. 34 items from 1661–1838: manuscripts, seals, and other documents. In Latin, Polish, Lithuanian, and Russian.  Described in the Manuscripts Department’s card catalogue.

The collection was acquired in 1965 from Vytautas Merkys, Senior Researcher at the Institute of History of the Academy of Sciences of the Lithuanian SSR.

F259. 209 items: manuscripts from 1627–1888. Described in the Manuscripts Department’s card catalogue.

F268. 326 items: manuscripts and other documents from 1627–1888. In Lithuanian, Latin, Polish, Russian, and German. Described in the Manuscripts Department’s card catalogue.

The collection was acquired in 1967–1976 and completely catalogued in 1981.

F312. 1524 items: documents from 1829–1946. In Polish, Russian, and Lithuanian. Described in the Manuscripts Department’s card catalogue.

F315. 1575 items: manuscripts from 1817–1915. Described in the Manuscripts Department’s card catalogue.

F318. 29703 items: documents from the 19th–20th centuries. The documents are listed in the electronic  Manuscripts  Catalogue.

The collection was rescued through the effort of the librarian Antanas Ulpis – he concealed it inside the St. George Church, which housed the Book Chamber during the Soviet times.

F342. 10877 items.  The documents are listed in the electronic  Manuscripts  Catalogue.

F404. Partially catalogued, 22 temporary items. Described in a temporary item list
The collection was received from the Provincial of the Jesuit Province of Lithuania and Latvia, Father Gintaras Vitkus, SJ, and is being further added to.