A

B

C

D

E

F

G

H

I

J

K

L

M

N

O

P

Q

R

S

T

U

V

Z

F271. 412 items from 1729–1965: manuscripts, typescripts, printed materials, photographs. In Latin, Polish, Russian, Lithuanian. Described in the Manuscripts Department’s card catalogue.

The founder of the collection  is Vladas Abramavičius (1909–1965), cultural historian, bibliographer, translator, and poet.

The collection was acquired in 1946-1965.

F79. 902 items: manuscripts, cuttings, CDs, and other documents. In Lithuanian, Russian, Polish, Belarusian, French, Swedish, and German. Described in the Manuscripts Department’s card catalogue.

The founder of the collection  is Liudvikas Abramovičius (Ludwik Abramowicz, 1879–1939), Polish journalist, Vilnius bibliographer, historian of publishing, bibliophile, author of the book “Cztery wieki drukarstwa w Wilnie 1525–1925”, chairman of the Committee for Research Assistance  (1925–1939).

The collection was received in 1940 from the then State Wroblewski Library (the present-day Wroblewski Library of the Lithuanian Academy of Sciences).

F80. 25 items from 1824-1855: manuscripts.  In Polish, Russian, and Latin. Described in the Manuscripts Department’s card catalogue.

The founder of the collection  is Adomas Ferdinandas Adamovičius (Adam Ferdynand Adamowicz, 1802–1881), professor at the Faculty of Medicine of Vilnius University (1824–1842), chairman of the Vilnius Medical Society from 1841, researcher in life sciences and medicine, follower of Georg Forster and Ludwig Heinrich Bojanus ­– the pioneers of Darwinism in Lithuania.

The collection was acquired in 1940 from the State Wroblewski Library (the present-day Wroblewski Library of the Lithuanian Academy of Sciences).

F354. 197 items: documents from 1931–2008. Described in the electronic Manuscripts  Catalogue.

The founder of the collection  is Alė Rūta (pseudonym, real name: Elena Viktorija Nakaitė-Arbačiauskienė-Arbienė, 1915–2011), writer and poet, an activist in the American Lithuanian Community.

The collection was established in 1998 at the request of the writer.

F373. Catalogued incompletely, 166 temporary items. Documents from 1948–1985. Described in a temporary item list.

The founder of the collection  is Vaclovas Aliulis (1921–2015), Marian priest and civic activist.

The collection was acquired from its founder through the mediation of Dr. Juozas Marcinkevičius, Director of the then Library of the Lithuanian Academy of Sciences.

F263. 884 documents from the 13th-20th centuries. Described in the electronic  Manuscripts  Catalogue.

The founder of the collection  is Kazimieras Alminas (pre-1939: Alminauskis; 1904–1986), linguist, researcher of Lithuanian proper names.

The collection was acquired on April 29, 1999 from Algimantas Žemaitaitis, a resident of Santa Monica (U.S.A.).

F359. Catalogued incompletely. 137 temporary items. Manuscripts from 1924–1989. Described in a temporary item list.

The founder of the collection  is Pranas Ancevičius (pseudonym: F. Rogūza, 1905–1964), journalist, literary critic, and politician.

The collection was donated to the Library in 1995 by his daughter Sigrida Dicum (Saulė Ancevičiūtė), a resident of Canada.

F334. 283 items from 1925–1992: print publications, autographs, typescripts, iconography, manuscripts, postcards, and photographs. In English, Lithuanian, and Esperanto. Described in the Manuscripts Department’s card catalogue.

The founder of this collection  is Pulgis Andriušis (pseudonym, real name: Fulgencijus Andrusevičius, 1907–1970),  writer, journalist, translator, and public activist.

The collection was received in 1993 from Rasa Andriuševičiūtė-Beattie.

F324. Nebaigtas tvarkyti,  542 l. s. vienetai. Aprašas – laikinas sąrašas.

Fondo sudarytojas yra Pavelas Antokolskis (1896–1978), rusų poetas, J. Vachtangovo teatro režisierius.

F302. 44 items from 1923–1994. Manuscripts, print publications, typescripts and photographs. In Lithuanian. Described in the electronic Manuscripts  Catalogue.

The founder of this collection  is Stasys Arbačiauskas (b, 1919), Candidate of Economy, Associate Professor.

The collection was acquired in 1982.

F220. 50 items: documents from 1915–1950. In Russian, Lithuanian, and German. Described in the Manuscripts Department’s card catalogue.

The founder of this collection  is Mikhail Illarionovich Arsenyev (1886–1967), jurist, collector, and bibliophile.

The collection was acquired in 1952.

F206. 148 items from 1885–1944: manuscripts, typescrips, and print publications. In Lithuanian, Russian, Polish, German, French, English, and Latin. Described in the Manuscripts Department’s card catalogue.

The founder of this collection  is Petras Avižonis (1875–1939), ophthalmologist, Doctor of Medicine, and professor at Kaunas University.

The collection was acquired in 1951 from the then Kaunas University.