A

B

C

D

E

F

G

H

I

J

K

L

M

N

O

P

Q

R

S

T

U

V

Z

F384. Partially catalogued, 107 temporary items: documents from 1959–1997.  Described in a temporary item list.

The founder of the collection is Jonas Macevičius (1922–1999), philosopher, corresponding member of the Lithuanian Academy of Sciences, founder and director of the Institute of Philosophy, Sociology, and Law (1977– 1984).

The collection was acquired in 2008 m. through efforts of Angelė Putelienė, Head of the Branch of the Lithuanian Library of the Academy of Sciences at the Institute of Culture, Philosophy, and Art.

F269. 236 items from 1918–1983: manuscripts, typescripts, photographs, print publications. In Lithuanian, Polish, and Russian.  Described in the Manuscripts Department’s card catalogue.

The founder of the collection is Rapolas Mackonis (1900–1982), writer, journalist, and civic activist.

The collection was accumulated first by the founder (1964–1981)  and later (1982–1983) by his spouse, Elena Mackonienė.

F277. Partially catalogued, 2632 temporary items. Described in a temporary item list.

The founder of the collection is Ona Girčytė-Maksimaitienė (1902–1999), historian, Doctor of Humanities.

The collection was acquired in 1972.

F120. 7 items: manuscripts from 1918–1960. In Lithuanian. Described in the Manuscripts Department’s card catalogue.

The founder of the collection is Antanas Maksimaitis (Maksimavičius, 1900–1943), poet, socio-political writer, officer of the Lithuanian army, Major of the 16th “Lithuanian” Rifle Division of the Soviet Army, killed near Orel.

The collection was acquired in 1960 from his wife Ona Maksimaitienė in Vilnius.

F401. Partially catalogued.  94 temporary items: documents from 1964–2009. Described in a temporary item list.

The founder of the collection is Juozas Marcinkevičius (b. 1931), historian, Doctor of Humanities, honorary member of the Lithuanian Librarians’ Association, director of the Wroblewski Library of the Lithuanian Academy of Sciences.

The collection was acquired in 2012 from the founder.

F284. Partially catalogued.  437 temporary items from 1920–1995: manuscripts, typescripts, photographs. In Lithuanian.  Described in a temporary item list.

The founder of the collection is Vincas Martinkėnas (1907–1997), civic activist of the Vilnius region, educator, historian, and translator.

The collection was received in 1975 from Vincas Marinkėnas.

F181. 110 items from 1915–1938: typescrips, autographs, manuscripts, iconography, photographs.  In Lithuanian, Polish, German, French, and Russian. Described in the Manuscripts Department’s card catalogue.

The founder of the collection is Ona Brazauskaitė-Mašiotienė (1883–1949), journalist, educator, civic activist.

The collection was acquired in 1950 from the library of the then Kaunas State University.

F436. Uncatalogued.

The founder of the collection is Algirdas Matulevičius (b. 1939), historian, researcher of the history of Lithuania Minor and the press of the Lithuanian national revival.

The collection was acquired in 2018 from the founder.

F262. Partially catalogued, 241 temporary items. Described in a temporary item list.

The founder of the collection is Juozas Matulis (1899–1993), physicist, chemist, longstanding president of the Academy of Sciences of the Lithuanian SSR.

The collection was acquired in 1965 from Adolfas Ivaškevičius.

F363. Partially catalogued, 169 temporary items: manuscripts from 1930–2001. Described in the Manuscripts Department’s card catalogue.

The founder of the collection is Ona Matusevičiūtė (1908–2002), prose writer and translator.

The documents were received in 2002 from Vilija Suveizdytė, director of the Fabijoniškės care home, the then place of residence of the founder.

F344. 692 items from 1906–1993: manuscripts, typescripts, print publications, drawings, and photographs. In Lithuanian, Russian, English, Belarusian, and Latvian.  Described in the Manuscripts Department’s card catalogue.

The founder of the collection is Eugenijus Matuzevičius (1917–1994), poet and translator.

The collection was acquired in 1995 from the writer’s son, Kornelijus Matuzevičius.

Empty section. Edit page to add content here.

F439. Uncatalogued.

The founder of the collection is Genovaitė Dalia Mažeikytė (b 1943), graphic artist and painter.

The collection was acquired in 2019 from the founder.

F326. 154 items from 1905–1982: manuscripts, typescripts, print publications, photographs. In Lithuanian, Russian, and Polish. Described in the Manuscripts Department’s card catalogue.

The founder of the collection is Petras Mažylis (1890–1982), organist, socio-political author, contributor to various periodicals.

The collection was acquired in 1991 from Petras Mažylis’ granddaughter, S. Žukauskienė.

F292. 134 items from 1790–1943: manuscripts, typescripts, print publications, plans, photograhs. In Polish, Russian, Lithuanian, English, Hebrew, Spanish, Latin, French, and German.  Described in the Manuscripts Department’s card catalogue.

The founder of the collection is Aleksandras Meištovičius (Aleksander Meysztowicz, 1864–1943), politician, landowner, civic activist, Minister of Justice of the Second Polish Republic (1926–1928).

The collection was acquired in 1977 from Zigmuntas Rimantas Orvydas.

F380. Partially catalogued, 146 temporary items: documents from 1938–2000. Described in a temporary item list.

The founder of the collection is Alfonsas Merkys (1927–2016), botanist, plant physiologist, professor, member of the Lithuanian Academy of Sciences, director of the Institute of Biology since 1981.

The documents were donated by the founder in 2006.

F291. Partially catalogued, 922 temporary items. Described in a temporary item list.

The founder of the collection is historian Vytautas Merkys (1929–2012).

The collection was acquired in 1977.

F353. Partially catalogued, 1015 temporary items. Described in a temporary item list.

The founder of the collection is Kazimieras Meškauskas (1917–2011), economist, Habilitated Doctor of Social Sciences, member of the Lithuanian Academy of Sciences.

The collection was acquired in 1998.

F121. 141 items from 1758–1921: manuscripts and other docments. In Polish, Russian, Czech, English, French, Chinese, and German.  Described in the Manuscripts Department’s card catalogue.

The founders of the collection are Albertas Mežejevskis (Albert Mierzejewski, 1759–1828), chamberlain to the King of Poland and Grand Duke of Lithuania Stanisław August Poniatowski; Motiejus and Mykolas Mežejevskiai (Maciej and Michał Mierzejewski), 19th-century political expatriates in Spain; and Mykolas Mežejevskis (Michał Mierzejewski, 1803–1864), participant in the uprising of 1863–1864.

The collection was received in 1940 from the then State Wroblewski Library (the present-day Wroblewski Library of the Lithuanian Academy of Sciences).

F279. 558 items from 1909–1973: manuscritps, typescripts, print publications, periodicals, postcards, photographs, and other documents. In Lithuanian, Belarusian, Polish, Russian, German, and Latin.  Described in the Manuscripts Department’s card catalogue.

The founder of the collection is Ona Miciūtė-Šutavičienė (1909–1973), poet and translator.

The collection was received in 1973.

F182. 35 items: manuscripts from 1920–1941. Described in the Manuscripts Department’s card catalogue.

The founder of the collection is Dovydas Viktoras Michelis (b. 1902), translator, lecturer in the Italian language at Kaunas University in the interwar period.

The collection was acquired in 1950 from the library of the then Kaunas State University.

F293. Partially catalogued, 607 temporary items from 1873–2005: manuscripts, typescripts.  In Lithuanian and Russian. Described in a temporary item list.

The founder of the collection is Vacys Milius (1926–2005), ethnographer, member of the Lithuanian Catholic Academy of Sciences, Habiliated Doctor of Humanities.

The collection was acquired in 1978 m. from the founder.

F167. 168 items from 19161949: manuscripts, correspondence. In Lithuanian, Russian, and German.   Described in the Manuscripts Department’s card catalogue.

The founder of the collection is Jonas Minius (1895–1951), journalist and translator.

Jonas Minius, who worked at the Manuscripts Deparment of the Library of the Academy of Sciences of the Lithuanian SSR (now the Wroblewski Library of the Lithuanian Academy of Sciences) in 1946–1948, processed and described his personal collection.

The collection was received in 1949.

F400. Partially catalogued, 2981 temporary items: documents from 1930–2007. Described in the Manuscripts Department’s card catalogue.

The founder of the collection is Algimantas Miškinis (1929–2015), architect, urban historian, collector, Habilitated Doctor of Humanities, corresponding member of the Lithuanian Academy of Sciences.

The collection was acquired in 2012 from the founder.

F122. 203 items from 1490–1915: manuscripts and other documents (originals and transcripts). In Ruthenian, Latin, Polish, and Russian.  Described in the Manuscripts Department’s card catalogue.

The founder of the collection is Bagdonas Montvila (1825–1917), owner of the Saldutiškis estate (Utena County), collector of old manuscripts.

The collection was acquired in 1950 from the library of the then Kaunas State University, to which the documents were donated by the founder’s heir, J. Varžaitis, in 1928, through the mediation of Professor Konstantinas Jablonskis.

F201. 523 items from 1916–1923: manuscripts and print publications. In Lithuanian, Russian, Polish, German, and Latin.  Described in the Manuscripts Department’s card catalogue.

The founders of the collection are Aleksandras Moras (1813–1898), nobleman, college assessor, secretary to Count M. Zubov; and his son Antanas (1846–1917), owner of the Daubiškiai estate.

The collection was acquired in 1950 from the then Kaunas State University.

F123. 549 items from 1913–1938: manuscripts, print publications, and other documents. In Lithuanian, Russian, Polish, English, French, and German.  Described in the Manuscripts Department’s card catalogue.

The founder of the collection is Alfonsas Moravskis (1868–1941), economist, archivist of the Lithuanian Social Democratic Party (1892–1904), professor of the Vytautas Magnus University (1922–1932), used the pseudonym A. Lietuvis.

The collection was acquired in 1950 from the library of the then Kaunas State University.

F340. Partially catalogued, 241 temporary items. Described in a temporary item list.

The founder of the collection is Leonas Mulevičius (1927–1993), historian, Habilitated Doctor of Humanities.

The collection was acquired in 1994.

F204. 82 items from 1864–1945: manuscripts, typescripts, print publications, photographs. In Lithuanian, Polish, and Russian.  Described in the Manuscripts Department’s card catalogue.

The founder of the collection is Jonas Murka (1889–1945), educator, author of textbooks, teacher at the Šiauliai Teachers Seminary, andat the Dotnuva Agricultural School (1921–1922).

The collection was acquired in 1950 from the library of the then Kaunas State University, part of it was transferred from F37 (Collection of documents from Samogitian estates), and one item was received in 1972 from L. Bulota, Jonas Murka’s grandson.