A

B

C

D

E

F

G

H

I

J

K

L

M

N

O

P

Q

R

S

T

U

V

Z

F281. 192 items from 1832–1960: manuscripts, typescripts, print publications, photographs, and other documents. In Lithuanian, Polish, Russian, and German.  Described in the Manuscripts Department’s card catalogue.

The founder of the collection is Kazys Šalkauskis (1885–1960), jurist, professor, and civic activist.

The collection was received in 1974–1976 from the wife of  Kazys Šalkauskis’ brother Stasys, Julija Paltarokaitė-Šalkauskienė, and her son Julijonas Šalkauskis.

F233. 189 items from 1906–1961: manuscripts, typescripts, and photographs.  In Czech, Lithuanian, Polish, German, Latin, Russian, Swedish, Estonian, English, French, and Belarusian. Described in the Manuscripts Department’s card catalogue.

The founder of the collection is Adolfas Šapoka (1906–1961), historian, co-author and editor of scholarly synthetic “History of Lithuania” published in 1936.

The collection was received on May 14, 1963, from Mečislovas Jučas. More documents were received in 2006.

F143. 1617 items: manuscripts from 1625–1961 (originals and transcripts). In Karaim, Lithuanian, Russian, Polish, French, English, and German. Described in the Manuscripts Department’s card catalogue.

The founder of the collection is Seraja Šapšalas (1873–1961), literary scholar, orientalist, spiritual leader (hakham) of the Karaites of Crimea, later of Poland (and Lithuania), cultural activist of the Lithuanian Karaites.

The collection was acquired in 1961 from his relatives in Vilnius.

F329. Partially catalogued,  277 temporary items. Described in a temporary item list.

The founder of the collection is Romas Šarmaitis (1909–1995), historian, literatry scholar, Soviet party activist.

 F197. 30 items from 1926–1930: manuscripts, print publications. In Lithuanian and German.  Described in the Manuscripts Department’s card catalogue.

The founder of the collection is M. Šėklis, Prussian Lithuanian civic activist, translator of religious literature, author of psalms. He lived in Ragainė (probably, was a pastor) and had contacts with Enzys Jagomast, a publisher of Lithuanian books.

The collection was acquired in 1950 from the library of the then Kaunas State University. The manuscripts had been brought there from Enzys Jagomast’s printing house “Lituania”, which operated in Tilsit since 1896.

F145. 106 items from 1818–1937: manuscripts, cuttings from publications, and other documents. In Lithuanian, Russian, English, and Polish. Described in the Manuscripts Department’s card catalogue.

The founder of the collection is Juozas Otas Širvydas (1875–1935), folklore collector, book smuggler, and journalist. He traveled around the U.S.A., worked in various American Lithuanian newspapers

The collection was acquired in 1950 from the library of the then Kaunas State University.

F144. 1278 items from 1902–1982: manuscripts, drawings, photographs. In Lithuanian and English.  Described in the Manuscripts Department’s card catalogue.

The founder of the collection is Pranciškus Baltrus Šivickis (1882–1968), Lithuanian and American zoologist, Doctor of Biological Sciences, professor at the Philippine State University and Kaunas Vytautas Magnus University, member of the Academy of Sciences of the Lithuanian SSR.

The collection was acquired in 1948–1956 from the founder in Vilnius.

F146. 77 items: manuscripts from 1911–1940. In Lithuanian, Russian, and Polish. Described in the Manuscripts Department’s card catalogue.

The founder of the collection is Ignas Šlapelis (1881–1955), artist, art historian, director of the Kaunas Art School in 1922–1944.

The collection was acquired in 1960 from the relatives in Kaunas.

F218. 91 items from 1861–1944: manuscripts, typescripts, print publications. In Lithuanian, Polish, Russian, German, and Latin.  Described in the Manuscripts Department’s card catalogue; part of the collection is also described in  the electronic Manuscripts  Catalogue.

The founder of the collection is Jonas Šliūpas (1861–1944), physician, Aušra movement activist, author, and politician.

The collection was acquired in 1951 from the library of the then Kaunas State University.

F170. 3064 items from 1722–1944: manuscripts, typescripts, print publicaitons, and photographs. In German, Lithuanian, and English.  Described in the Manuscripts Department’s card catalogue.

The founder of the collection is Hugo Šojus (Scheu, 1845–1937), Šilutė estate owner.

The collection was acquired in 1946 from the Klaipėda Branch of the Academy of  Sciences of the Lithuanian  SSR.