A

B

C

D

E

F

G

H

I

J

K

L

M

N

O

P

Q

R

S

T

U

V

Z

F236. 1203 items from 1891–1969: manuscripts, typescripts, print publications, and photographs. In Lithuanian, Russian, Polish, Belarusian, Ukrainian, German, and English.  Described in the Manuscripts Department’s card catalogue.

The founder of this collection is Konstantinas Galkauskas (1875–1963), composer, music educator: he headed the Vilnius Music School in 1918–1922, taught music in various Vilnius schools in 1922–1940, was the choir leader in the Vytautas Magnus School, worked at the Švenčioniai Lithuanian School, was lecturer at the Vilnius Conservatory since 1945 and professor since 1947.

The collection was acquired in 1964 from Konstantinas Galkauskas’ daughter Tamara Galkauskaitė.

F409. Uncatalogued.

The founder of this collection is Leonora Živilė Gelumbauskaitė (b. 1946), geomorphologist, Doctor of Natural Sciences (Physical Sciences, 1994).
The collection was acquired in 2013.

F390. Partially catalogued. 620 temporary items. Documents from the 19th–20th centuries. Described in a temporary item list.

The founder of this collection is Mykolas Giedraitis (1929–2017), aeronautical engineer and historian.

The collection was acquired from the founder in 2009.

F351. Partially catalogued. 179 temporary items. Described in a temporary item list.

The founder of this collection is Jurgis Gimbutas (1918–2001), architect, civic activist, publicist, Doctor of Engineering.

The collection was acquired in 2009.

F339. Partially catalogued. 119 temporary items. Described in a temporary item list.

The founder of the collection is Marija Birutė Gimbutienė (Gimbutas, Alseikaitė; 1921–1994), American archaeologist and anthropologist of Lithuanian origin, Doctor of Philosophy (1946), pioneer of archaeomythology. She studied the European Neolithic and Bronze Age cultures and formulated the Kurgan hypothesis.

The collection was acquired in 1994

F365. Partially catalogued. 120 temporary items. Documents from the second half of the 20th century. Described in a temporary item list.

The founder of the collection is Leonas Gineitis (1920–2004), literary scholar, writer, Doctor of Philology.

The collection was acquired from the founder in 2002.

F96. 302 items from 1904–1936: manuscripts (originals and transcripts), press cuttings, and other documents. In Lithuanian, Latvian, Russian, and Polish.  Described in the Manuscripts Department’s card catalogue.

The founder of the collection is Liudas Gira (1884–1946), poet, editor, translator and member of the Academy of Sciences.

The collection was received in 1950 from the library of the then Kaunas State University.

F221. 193 items from 1858–1963: manuscripts, autographs, typescripts, photographs, print publications, office stationery and envelopes. In Lithuanian, Russian, Polish, German, and English.  Described in the Manuscripts Department’s card catalogue.

The founder of the collection is Juozas Girdvainis (1906–1972), officer of the interwar Lithuanian Army and bibliophile.

The collection was acquired in 1946–1952 m. from the Board of the Academy of Sciences of the Lithuanian SSR and in 1999 from the founder’s spouce Ona Girdvainienė-Visockaitė, and his daughter, Ina Stačiokienė.

F371. Partially catalogued. 70 temporary items. Documents from the 19th century to 2002. Described in a temporary item list.

The founder of the collection is Algirdas Antanas Gliožaitis (b. 1938), geodetic engineer and historian.

The documents were received from the founder of the collection in 2004.

F395. Uncatalogued. Documents from 1968–2010.

The founder of the collection is Stasys Algimantas Goberis (1929–2010), Doctor of Technological Sciences, Head of the Heat-Resistant Concrete Laboratory of the   Institute of Thermal Insulation of Vilnius Gediminas Technical University, member of the Lithuanian Union of Political Prisoners and Deportees.

The collection was acquired from his daughter, Birutė Rūta Goberytė-Vitkauskienė in 2010.

F97. 6 items: manuscripts from 1820–1822. In Latin and Polish. Described in the Manuscripts Department’s card catalogue.

The founder of the collection is Juzefas Goluchovskis (Gołuchowski Józef, 1797–1858), Polish mathematician and philosopher, lecturer at the Department of Philosophy of Vilnius University in 1823–1824.

The collection was received in 1940 from the then State Wroblewski Library (the present-day Wroblewski Library of the Lithuanian Academy of Sciences).

F358. Partially catalogued. 293 temporary items. Manuscripts from 1683–2001. Described in a temporary item list.

The documents were received from the founder of the collection, Vytautas Kristupas Gravrogka, in 2001.

F325. Partially catalogued. 39 temporary items. Described in a temporary item list.

The founder of the collection is Jonas Greičius (1903–1985),  linguist and educator.

The collection was acquired in  1990.

F187. 497 items from 1905–1944: manuscripts, typescripts, and print publications. In Lithuanian, Russian, Polish, and German. Described in the Manuscripts Department’s card catalogue.

The founder of the collection is jurist Juozas Grigaitis (1881–1947).

The collection was received in 1950 from the library of the then Kaunas State University.

F317. Partially catalogued.  107 temporary items. Described in a temporary item list.

The founder of the collection is Algimantas Grigelis (b. 1931), geologist, mineralogist, Habilitated Doctor of Physical Sciences (1981).

The collection was acquired in 1988.

F202. 1256 items from 1903–1969: manuscripts, typescripts, print publications, photographs, and tape records. In Lithuanian, Russian, Polish, Ukrainian, German, and French. Described in the Manuscripts Department’s card catalogue.

The founder of the collection is Matas Grigonis (1889–1969), educator, translator, director of the Anykščiai and Rozalimas secondary schools.

The collection was received in 1950 from the library of the then Kaunas State University.

F323. Partially catalogued, 1749 temporary items from 1933–2007. Manuscripts, typescripts, print publications. Described in a temporary item list.

The founder of the collection is Vytautas Gudelis (1923–2007), geologist, geographer, professor, habilitated doctor.

The collection was acquired in 1987.

F330. Partially catalogued, 75 temporary items. Described in a temporary item list.

The founder of the collection is Vladas Jonas Gurnevičius (pseud. Ramaškonis, 1923–2002), poet, writer, and translator.

The collection was acquired in 1992.

F403. Uncatalogued. Documents from 1960–2011.

The founder of the collection is Genovaitė Gustaitė (1925–2017), historian and socio-political writer.

The collection was received from the founder in 2012.

F360. Partially catalogued, 1367 temporary items. Documents from 1938–2001. Described in a temporary item list.

The founder of the collection is Algirdas Gustaitis (1916–2002), writer, journalist, cartographer, and activist of the American Lithuanian community.
The collection was received from the founder and his spouse in 2001–2003.

F265. 178 items. In Lithuanian, Polish, and Russian. Described in the Manuscripts Department’s card catalogue.

The founder of the collection is educator Jurgis Gūžys (1885–1948).

The collection was acquired in 1966.