A

B

C

D

E

F

G

H

I

J

K

L

M

N

O

P

Q

R

S

T

U

V

Z

F415. Partially catalogued, 206 temporary items. 20th-century documents. Described in a temporary item list.

The founder of the collection is Ona Pajedaitė (1925–2016), educator, photoartist, socio-political writer and author of memoirs.

The collection was received from the founder in 2015.

F129. 2398 items from 1660–1955 (originals and transcripts), manuscripts, print publications, and other documents.  In Lithuanian, Russian, Polish, Latin, and German. Described in the Manuscripts Department’s card catalogue.

The founder of the collection is Povilas Pakarklis (1902–1955), corresponding member of the Academy of Sciences of the Lithuanian SSR, Doctor of Law, historian, professor of the Vilnius State Kapsukas University (now Vilnius University).

The collection was received in 1960 from Povilas Pakarklis’ sister Ona Bugailiškienė in Vilnius.

F437. Partially catalogued. Described in a temporary item list.

The founder of the collection is Mykolas Letas Palmaitis (b. 1944), Oriental and Baltic philologist, researcher of the historical grammar of Baltic languages and Baltic proto-language, researcher of Kartvelian (Georgian, Svan) languages and Semitic (Hebrew, Aramaic, Arabic) philology.

The collection was acquired in 2019.

F190. 51 items from 1909–1935: manuscripts, print publications. In Russian, Lithuanian, and Polish.  Described in the Manuscripts Department’s card catalogue.

The founder of the collection is Gabrielė Petkevičaitė-Bitė (1861–1943), writer, cultural and civic activist.

The collection was acquired in 1946 on the initiative of the director of the Central Library of the Academy of Sciences of the Lithuanian SSR.

F407. Partially catalogued, 197temporary items. Documents from 1932–2013. Described in a temporary item list.

The founder of the collection is Danutė Petkevičiūtė-Labanauskienė (b.1933), literary and cultural scholar, head of the Manuscripts Deparment of the Library of the Lithuanian Academy of Sciences.

The collection was acquired from the founder in 2013.

F238. 113 items from 1883–1920: manuscripts, typescripts, print publications, photographs, and other documents. In Lithuanian, Polish, Russian, German, French, English, and Ukrainian.  Described in the Manuscripts Department’s card catalogue.

The founder of the collection is Česlovas Petraškevičius (1886–1941), jurist, book smuggler, and municipal activist.

The collection was acquired in 1947 from the Institute of Lithuanian Language and Literature of the Academy of Sciences of the Lithuanian SSR (now the Institute of Lithuanian Literature and Folklore).

F130. 243 items from 1897–1941: manuscripts, cuttings from publicatios, photographs, and other documents.  In Lithuanian, Russian, Italian, English, and German.  Described in the Manuscripts Department’s card catalogue.

The founder of the collection is Mikas Petrauskas (1873–1937), composer, conductor, author of the first Lithuanian opera “Birutė”, educator, civic and cultural activist.

The collection was acquired in 1950 from the library of the then Kaunas State University.

F321. Partially catalogued, 410 temporary items. Described in a temporary item list.

The collection was acquired in 1989.

F161. 152 items from 1810–1939:  manuscripts, print publications, photographs. In Polish and Russian.   Described in the Manuscripts Department’s card catalogue.

The founders of the collection are agriculturist Juozapas (Józef Piłsudski, 1833–1902); his son, ethnographer and anthropologist Bronislovas Petras (Bronisław Piotr Piłsudski, 1866–1918); Juozapas’ other son, Polish politician Juozapas Klementas (Józef Klemens Piłsudski, 1867–1935); Juozapas’ third son Adomas (Adam Piłsudski, 1869–1935), vice-president of the Vilnius magistrate; Juozapas’ fourth son, lawyer Jonas (Jan Piłsudski, 1876–1950).

The collection was received in 1940 from the then State Wroblewski Library (the present-day Wroblewski Library of the Lithuanian Academy of Sciences).

F430.  Partially catalogued, 530 temporary items. Described in a temporary item list.

The founder of the collection is Arnoldas Piročkinas (1931–2020), linguist, translator, professor, Habilitated Doctor of Philology, lecturer at Vilnius University.

The collection was acquired from the founder in 2018.

F132. 31 items from 1724–1847: manuscripts and other documents. In Polish, French, and German. Described in the Manuscripts Department’s card catalogue.

The founders of the collection are Jonas Liudvikas Pliateris (Jan Ludwik Plater, 1681–1737), Voivode of Livonia, Elder of Daugavpils, and poet writing in Latin; Kazimieras Konstantinas Pliateris (Kazimierz Konstanty Plater, 1746–1807), writer, castellan of  Trakai (1790–1793), member of the Targowica Confederation, the last deputy chancellor of the Grand Duchy of Lithuania (1792–1795), owner of the Daugėliškis estate, and library founder; Liudvikas Augustas Plateris (Ludwik August Plater, 1775–1846), librarian and mathematician.

The collection was received in 1940 from the then State Wroblewski Library (the present-day Wroblewski Library of the Lithuanian Academy of Sciences).

F131. 15 items: manuscripts from 1920–1930. In Lithuanian. Described in the Manuscripts Department’s card catalogue.

The founder of the collection is Ona Pleirytė-Puidienė (1885–1936), teacher and writer. Before World War I she used the pseudonym Vaidilutė; later, Puidiene.

The collection was acquired in 1950 from the library of the then Kaunas State University.

F133. 31 items from 1801–1833: manuscripts and other documents. In Polish. Described in the Manuscripts Department’s card catalogue.

The founder of the collection is Mykolas Polinskis-Pelka (Michał Poliński-Pełka, 1785–1848), mathematician, bibliographer, professor (1820–1832) and dean (from 1824) of the Faculty of Physics and Matematics of Vilnius University. He had a valuable library, was interested in librarianship, and compiled a bibliography of Lithuanian cultural history.

The collection was received in 1940 from the then State Wroblewski Library (the present-day Wroblewski Library of the Lithuanian Academy of Sciences).

F186. 275 items: manuscripts from the 19th century to  1945.  In Lithuanian, Russian, and esperanto. Described in the electronic Manuscripts  Catalogue.

The founder of the collection is Antanas Poška (pre-1929, Paškevičius, 1903– 1992), anthropologist, Esperantist, and traveler.

The material of the collection was acquired in 1950 from the the then Kaunas State University.

F364. Partially catalogued, 11 temporary items. Documents from 1918-1985. Described in a temporary item list.

The founder of the collection is   Juras Požela (1925–2014), physicist, pioneer of the school of solid-state plasma and semiconductor in Lithuania, member of the Acacemy of Sciences, politician, civic and party activist,.

The collection was donated by the founder in 2002.

F237. 210 items from 1855–1929: manuscripts, typescripts, print publications, photographs, and other documents. In Lithuanian, Polish, Russian, German, and French.  Described in the Manuscripts Department’s card catalogue.

The founder of the collection is Vladas Požela (1879–1960), jurist, lawyer, book smuggler, and politician.

The collection was acquired in 1947 from the Institute of Lithuanian Language and Literature of the Academy of Sciences of the Lithuanian SSR (now the Institute of Lithuanian Literature and Folklore).

F213. 214 items from 1918–1948: sheet music manuscripts, typescripts, and print publications. In Lithuanian, German, Italian, Latin, Russian, Czech, Estonian, and Yiddish. Described in the Manuscripts Department’s card catalogue.

The founder of the collection is  Viktoras Pranckūnas, auditor controller for companies and institutions of the Vilnius Administrative Control Board.

The collection was acquired in 1950 from the library of the then Kaunas State University.

F164. 191 items from 1644–1933: manuscripts and print publications. In Lithuanian, Russian, and Polish.  Described in the Manuscripts Department’s card catalogue.

The founder of the collection is Kazimieras Prapuolenis (1858–1933), canon and civic activist.

The collection was acquired in 1950 from the library of the then Kaunas State University.

F134. 33 items from 1900–1936: manuscripts, colored drawings. In Latin and Polish.  Described in the Manuscripts Department’s card catalogue.

The founder of the collection is Konstantinas Prušinskis (Konstanty Pruszyński, 1859–1936), a botanist, lecturer at Vilnius Stephen Batory University, inspector of the Botanical Garden in the Vilnius Vingis Park in 1922–1936, researcher of fungi of Lithuania and Belarus, mycologist.

The collection was acquired in 1943 from Professor A. Minkevičius in Vilnius.

F440. Partially catalogued.

The founder of this collection is Vilius Puronas (born February 11, 1947 in Panevėžys), professional industrial designer, artist, ethnographer, and Šiauliai city civic activist.  He is also known as an expert on the history of Šiauliai, TV lecturer, writer, publisher, and author of 14 records in the Lithuanian Book of Records.

One of the most productive Šiauliai artists, he received numerous awards for his creative and publishing work. In 1953-1954, he attended the Panevėžys Boarding School, where he acquired the professions of photographer and metal-worker. In 1967-1971, he studied industrial art at the Vilnius State Art Institute, from where he graduated as designer and artist-constructor.  In 1964-1967, he worked as a photographer for the Ekranas plant in Panevėžys.  In 1973-1992, he worked as senior artist for the Šiauliai Executive Committee of the Council of People’s Deputies.  In 1994-2004, he was director of the Neuwerbung advertising agency; in 2000-2008, lectured at the Department of Design at the Faculty of Arts of Šiauliai University; in 2004-2012, was chief specialist of the Šiauliai municipal administration; in 2008-2011, lectured at the Department of Tourism Administration of the Šiauliai State College.  In 2012-2015, he worked at the Šiauliai Tourism Information Center as project manager and lectured at the Šiauliai Vocational Training Center. Since 1984, Vilius Puronas has been a member of the Lithuanian Artists’ Association; since 1987, a member of the Lithuanian Designers’ Society (LDiS).  In 1986–1995 and 2007–2016 he was chairman of the LDiS’ Šiauliai branch, and in 2007–2021, member of the LDiS’ board.  In 1990-1994, he was a deputy of the First Šiauliai City Council of Independent Lithuania. He is not affiliated with political parties. Since 2008, he has been Knight of the historical Order of the Knights of the Jotvingian Cross of the Grand Duchy of Lithuania.

The collection was acquired from the founder. Comprehensive statistics, methodology and descriptions of the authorial works are provided with a view to portraying artistic life in Šiauliai in 1973–1993 and 2004–2012.

The documents are listed in a temporary item list. The collection is still being supplemented.

F402. Uncatalogued. Documents from the 19th-20th centuries.

The founder of the collection is Vytautas Puronas (1930–2015), economist and head of the Department of Science Organization of the Lithuanian Academy of Sciences in 1987–2005.

The collection was acquired in 2012 from the founder.