A

B

C

D

E

F

G

H

I

J

K

L

M

N

O

P

Q

R

S

T

U

V

Z

F379. Partially catalogued, 128 temporary items. Documents from the mid-19th century –2006. Described in a temporary item list.

The founder of the collection is Mečislovas Sakalauskas (b 1928), architectural and folk art photographer, staff member of the the Monument Restoration Institute.

The documents were donated by the founder in 2006.

F333. 76 items from 1910–1976: manuscripts, typescripts, photographs, print publications, autographs. In English, Lithuanian, and German.  Described in the electronic Manuscripts  Catalogue.

The founder of the collection is Antanas Salys (1902–1972), linguist, specialist in comparative Indo-European linguistics, as well as Baltic and Lithuanian studies.

The collection was acquired in 1992 from Sofija Salienė.

F139. 5590 items: manuscripts from 1604–1831. In Polish, Russian, Italian, French, Swedish, and German. Described in the Manuscripts Department’s card catalogue.

The founders of the collection are the following  Sapiega (Sapieha) family members : Aleksandras Povilas (Aleksander Paweł, 1672–1734), statesman and military leader of the Grand Duchy of Lithuania, Grand Cupbearer of Lithuania (1692),  Court Marshal (1692–1699) and Grand Marshal of Lithuania (1699–1703, 1705–1708, 1713–1734), owner of  Druyą, Ikazn, Sapieginė, Dubrovno and other estates; Mykolas Antanas (Michał Antoni Sapieha, 1711–1760),  Lithuanian Tribunal Marshal (1743),  Lithuanian Grand Master of the Hunt (1739–1746), Voivode of Podlachia (1746–1752), Deputy Chancellor of Lithuania (1752–1760) and Elder of  Mstislavl (1757); Kazimieras Povilas Jonas (Kazimierz Jan Paweł, circa 1642–1720), Grand Hetman of Lithuania (1707–1708), Voivode of Vilnius (1682–1703 and 1707–1720) ; Kazimieras (Kazimierz, 1754–1800), artillery general, owner of the Derechin estate in Belarus, the Skuodas estate and other land estates; Leonas (Lew, 1557–1633), politician and military leader of the Grand Duchy, Grand Secretary of Lithuania (1580), Deputy Chancellor of Lithuania (1585–1589 m.), Grand Chancellor of Lithuania (1589–1623), Voivode of Vilnius (1623–1633),  Grand Hetman of the Grand Duchy (1625–1633), contributed to the establishment of the   Supreme Tribunal of the Grand Duchy of Lithuania in 1581, headed the drafting of the III Statute of Lithuania (1588); Povilas Jonas (Paweł Jan, circa 1609–1665), Grand Hetman of the Grand Duchy (1656–1665) and Voivode of Vilnius (1656–1665).

The collection was received in 1946 from the V. I. Lenin State Library of the USSR (now the Russian State Library) in Moscow alongside other collections, which had been evacuated from Vilnius in 1915 by the Tsarist authorities.

F311. Partially catalogued, 36  temporary items. Described in a temporary item list.

The founder of the collection is Juozas Savickas (1919–2015), agrochemist, Doctor of Biomedical Sciences, Candidate of Agricultural Sciences (1956).

The collection was acquired in 1986.

F313. 126 items: manuscripts from 1937–1986. In Lithuanian, Russian, Polish, and German. Described in the Manuscripts Department’s card catalogue.

The founder of the collection is Pranas Semokas (1909–1986), agriculturist and engineer.

The collection was received from the founder’s spouse in 1986.

F349. 1565 items. Described in the electronic Manuscripts  Catalogue.

The founder of the collection is Vytautas Sirijos Gira (1911–1997), poet, prose writer and translator, son of the poet Liudas Gira.

The collection was separated out of the Deposits Collection.

F286. 67 items from 1947–1975:  manuscripts and photographs. In Lithuanian,  eastern Aukštaitis dialect.  Described in the Manuscripts Department’s card catalogue.

The founder of the collection is Antanas Slapcinskas (b. 1895).  In 1929, he built house in Saudongalė village on the small land plot that he owned, and began farming.  In 1920 he became interested in folk medicine, gave medical advice and herbal treatment to farmers.  He  tried writing poetry, descriptions of nature, remembrances, and articles. His manuscript legacy consists of texts written in the eastern Aukštaitis dialect, which may be of interest to linguist as a monument of living language.

The collection was received from the founder Antanas Slapcinskas in 1976.

F140. Uncatalogued. Manuscripts and other documents from 1924–1980. In Lithuanian, Russian, English, and German.

The founder of the collection is Paulius Slavėnas (1901–1991), astronomer, mathematician, member of the Academy of Sciences of the Lithuanian SSR, corresponding member of the International Academy of the History of Science, Doctor of Mathematical Sciences, professor at Kaunas and Vilnius Universities.

The collection was acquired in 1949–1958 from the founder in Vilnius.

F356. Partially catalogued,  31  temporary items. Described in a temporary item list. 

The founder of the collection is Feliksas Sliesoriūnas (1931–2017), historian and educator.

The collection was acquired in 1999.

F393. Uncatalogued.

The founder of the collection is Antanas Stancevičius (1920–2007), agriculturist, botanist, Doctor of Biomedical Sciences, professor at the Department of Agronomy of the Lithuanian University of Agriculture, member of the Research Council of Lithuania.

The collection was acquired from Professor Algirdas Motuzas in 2010.

F141. 353 items: manuscripts and other documents from 1898–1962. In Lithuanian.  Described in the Manuscripts Department’s card catalogue.

The founder of the collection is Kostas Stiklius (1880–1962), staff member of the “Vilniaus žinios” newspaper’s printing house, author of poems, short stories, and satirical works, contributor to “Rygos naujienos” and other Lithuanian periodicals, book smuggler.

The collection was acquired in 1950 from the library of the then Kaunas State University.

F142. 113 items from 1914–1934: manuscripts, typescripts, and print publications. In Lithuanian and Russian.  Described in the Manuscripts Department’s card catalogue.

The founder of the collection is Romas Striupas (1886–1934), writer, paramedic in 1918 in Oriol (Russia), later in Kaunas.

The collection was acquired in 1950 from the library of the then Kaunas State University.

F307. Partially catalogued,  251  temporary items. Described in a temporary item list.

The founder of the collection is Mindaugas Strukčinskas (1925–2013), agriculturist, botanist, phytopathologist, Habilitated Doctor of Medical Sciences, Doctor of Biological Sciences (1974). Corresponding Member of the Lithuanian Academy of Sciences (1985; since 2011: emeritus member).

The collection was acquired in 1984.

F382. Partially catalogued,  328  temporary items. Documents from 1938-2006. Described in a temporary item list.

The founder of the collection is Jonas Antanas Stundžia (b. 1954), activist at the Lithuanian community of the Lawrence city (U.S.A.).

The documents were donated by the founder in  2007.

F386. Partially catalogued,  30  temporary items. Documents from 1961–1989. Described in a temporary item list.

The founder of the collection is Povilas Suveizdis (1931–2014), geologist, Habilitated Doctor of Science, professor, deputy director of the Institue of Geology and Geography of the Lithuanian Academy of Sciences.

The collection was acquired from the founder and Head of the Wroblewski Library’s branch at the institute, Sigita Dagienė, in 2009.

F168. 84 items: manuscripts from 1905–1937. In Polish, Lithuanian, French, and German. Described in the Manuscripts Department’s card catalogue.

The founder of the collection is Marijonas Sviechovkis (1876–1936), Polish politician, collector of manuscripts and other documents.

The collection was received in 1940 from the then State Wroblewski Library (the present-day Wroblewski Library of the Lithuanian Academy of Sciences).